Wednesday, August 10, 2011

MFA in Photography? Museum jobs in Washington DC?

I just moved to Washington DC from Philadelphia where I graduated with my BFA a year ago and taught art to young children. I have been exhibiting since 2005 and am constantly doing side photography projects for bands, weddings, etc. I want to get my MFA in Photography and with that, it has always been my dream to teach on a college level and become a mentor for young artists. BUT (and this is what I have been so torn about lately) how practical is getting my MFA and going into major debt and putting off my life for another 2 years? Also, what other jobs are offered in all of these fine Museums in the DC area? That is what I am most curious about. I'm really torn, on the fence, unsure, insecure and I am really looking for solid answers and TRUTHFUL advice. I always say inside when my professor is my mentor and the chair of the department "there is no reason that can't be me" or when I see a museum exhibition I always say "there is no reason I can't curate that"... or should I just go to nursing school?

No comments:

Post a Comment