Saturday, August 13, 2011

What are some good combined retirement and birthday party ideas?

My mom retires Friday after 33 years at her job as a secretary.My nephew's 5th birthday is on the same day. I want to throw them a small, family only party. I want to have my sister, her husband, my niece (age 6), my father and boyfriend attend. I plan on having the party at my parent's house (my apartment is too small) on Friday evening. I want it to be more elegant for my mom but also fun for my nephew. I would like to serve appetizers and cook a special dinner something kid friendly yet elegant (chicken parmesan or salisbury steak). Maybe separate cakes (vanilla for mom, chocolate for nephew), cheap champagne to toast the retirement and sparkling cider to toast the birthday, etc...(this is where you fill in your ideas on things)

No comments:

Post a Comment